- Spot League will begin Thursday, January 4th, 2018 and will run each week (on Thursday) for 12 consecutive weeks ending March 22nd, 2018.
- The league registration will be open on Thursday, December 14th, 2017 to the first 60 shooters that REGISTER & PAY. Registration will close automatically when 60 shooters have registered, so register EARLY!
- The cost is $40 per shooter and you will be required to pay on-line (via Paypal) during registration. You are not registered if you do not pay.
- Note: You may use/redeem $MAI Bucks as portion of the registration, you must turn them in the first night of the League.
- When registration is complete, a subsequent email will be sent to registered shooters. In addition, information about Spot League and the names of teams/shooters will be posted on our website: www.Minnehaha-Archers.com
- This league it is composed of teams of 2 shooters. If you do not have a partner we will pair you with another single shooter so we end up with an even total. Shooters without a partner will be paired prior to the first night of Spot League.
- The League will start at 6:30 pm and a double line will be run. The Shot clock will be utilized to move the shooting along.
- The first night of league is to figure a handicap, which is done on using the program from the club. Yes there are Sandbaggers....
- The first 6 weeks will be shot on a VEGAS target (colored) and the last 6 weeks will be shot on a NFAA target(blue).
- The Vegas Round is a 360 point shoot with 3 arrows per end, 4 ends to a game and 3 games for the round for a total of 36 arrows.
- The NFAA Round is a 360 point shoot with 5 arrows per end, 4 ends to a game and 3 games for the round for a total of 60 arrows. In this round each “X” is scored as 6 points (instead of 5).
- This league is intended to prepare shooters for competitive/tournament shooting. In tournament shooting, archers shoot side by side and a double line allows shooters to take turns shooting with everyone on a bale scoring together. If too many shooters are absent this cannot be accomplished. However, we know that sometimes shooters have conflicts therefore we will allow make up scores on a Wednesday (between 6pm-9pm) PRIOR to the Thursday a shooter will be absent. (Bank a couple just in case folks)
- Shooters will be allowed a total of 4 make ups. (After that the shooter forfeits scores for that night of shooting).
- For make up shoots, the target must be turned in with the score card and must be signed by a Board member (who is assigned range duty on the Wednesday of a make up).
- Make up targets should state the shooter’s name and be folded and put into the office (under the door) with the score card.
- If there is no make-up score shot prior to a missed week, the shooter will forfeit scores for that night .(Prepare, do a banked make up)
- Spot League scores and subsequent updates to rankings will be posted following each Thursday night.
- Each week, each team has the opportunity to win 4 games. Each game won is a payback.
- Half of the money collected (from registration fees) will be used as pay back for the league.
- Payback will be distributed (in cash) at the MAI banquet held in April.
- Should we end up with a cancellation because of a snow storm (I hope not to have to deal with that) we’ll fly by the seat of our pants on doing a make-up or something.
- Further information or any questions, please contact:
Jennifer Raddatz - 605-366-1464